Super Visa Insurance
If you are planning to invite your parents or grandparents to Canada on super visa, the most important and mandatory requirement is to purchase health insurance from a Canadian insurance company. Such medical insurance has to be purchased for minimum one year.
With super visa your parents or grandparents visit to Canada for up to 2 years at a time. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years.
Super visa insurance provides coverage for issues such as emergency medical hospitalization, dental care, repatriation of remains, cremation cost, prescription medication and emergency return home.
CIC has specified a few requirements with respect to medical insurance of the applicants who want to have Super Visa. Applicants are required to submit proof of a private medical insurance policy. This should be:
- The minimum coverage should be $100,000.
- The policy validity should be for period of 1 year from the date of entry to Canada.
- Should cover hospitalization, repatriation and healthcare.
- Must be issued from an Insurance company of Canada.
- Valid for each entry to Canada.
- Available for review by the port entry officer.
- Guaranteed 100% Refund of Premium, if visa denied.
- In case if you decide to extend your stay for more than one year you need to purchase a new policy.
- Purchasing a medical insurance has many advantages. Applicants should purchase medical insurance as a proof before submitting their Super Visa application.
Covid-19 coverage is also available.